Friday, June 3, 2011

Ham and Cheese Pot Pie

I am all about simple. For a health fair at Schrieber Cheese (a cheese plant here in Logan) on June 17, I was assigned a booth. We decided that each of our booths would have a movie theme. So I thought and thought and finally remembered the movie Ratatouille where Gusteau tells Ratatouille, "Like I always say, anyone can cook." So I decided on this for my theme, ways to make homemade dinners and keep it simple. So I have been looking for recipes and ways to do this. Some websites that I frequently use are allrecipes.com and kraftfoods.com. So I was search on Kraft something that I could make with ham in it, (because Ben and Heidi gave us some ham steaks from their pig and I had no idea what to do with it!) I happened upon this recipe and it is exactly what I was looking for simple and delicious!

Recipe adapted from kraftfoods.com
(I only used 2x as much broccoli and no cauliflower. Also I just made biscuit dough and rolled it really thin and used that instead of pie crust!)

1 ham steak (6 oz.), chopped
1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup frozen broccoli cuts, thawed, drained
1 cup frozen cauliflower florets, thawed, drained
2 green onions chopped
1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) cream cheese
1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 14.1-oz. pkg.)
1 egg
1 Tbsp. water
HEAT oven to 400ºF
COMBINE first 5 ingredients. Microwave cream cheese spreadin microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until completelymelted, stirring every 15 sec. Add to ham mixture; mix well.Spoon into 4 (6-oz.) ramekins.
UNROLL pie crust on lightly floured surface; roll to 12-inchcircle. Cut into 4 circles with 5-inch round cookie cutter. Cutleaves from about 1/4 of the trimmings with small cookie cutteror sharp knife; discard remaining trimmings.
BEAT egg and water until well blended; brush onto top edgeof ramekins. Top with pie crust circles; press gently onto toedges of ramekins to seal. Top with leaf cutouts; brush lightlywith egg wash. Discard any remaining egg wash. Placeramekins on baking sheet. Cut slits in crusts to vent.
BAKE 30 to 32 min. or until golden brown.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment