Thursday, November 5, 2009

BBQ Chicken Pizza

I combined a few recipes together with a few random things I had in my fridge and I ended up with a yummy homemade pizza. I used my bread maker for the crust recipe, but I'm sure you could use a mixer or do it by hand. This recipe makes two 12 inch pizzas.


Pizza Dough

Ingredients
1 cup water
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
3 cups bread flour
3 tablespoons dry milk powder
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Make in bread machine according to manufacturer directions. Select "Dough" setting. Spread dough on greased pizza pans or cookie sheet. Poke holes in dough with fork. Bake at 400 degrees for about seven minutes. Take out of oven and add toppings.

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Toppings
3/4 cup spaghetti sauce mixed with 3/4 cup hot and spicy bbq sauce
2 marinated grilled chicken breasts, sliced into bite size pieces (I used a garlic herb marinade)
Swiss cheese
mozzarella cheese
red bell pepper, sliced
purple onion, sliced
fresh cilantro, chopped or dried cilantro

Spread sauce mix on partially cooked pizza crusts. Add grilled chicken cheeses (however much you like). Top with red pepper, onion, and cilantro. Continue to bake at 400 degrees until cheese is melted and crust is browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment