Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Rice Crispy Valentine Treats

A few weeks ago I made the worst rice crispy treats ever! The marshmallows refused to melt (who knows what they were made of -- rubber?) and I added way to much butter. So I looked up the official rice crispy recipe from Kelloggs Rice Krispies just so I could redeem myself and make these cute little Valentine treats I found on one of my favorite blogs, Skip to My Lou.



Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter
1 (10 oz) package marshmallows (not the Wal-Mart brand)
6 cups rice crispy cereal
White almond bark
Sprinkles
Sucker Sticks

Directions:

Put butter and marshmallows in a big bowl. Melt in microwave (about three minutes). Stir after about 1 1/2 minutes. Add cereal and stir well to coat. Grease 9 X 13 pan. Pour in rice crispy mixture and pat down. After it has cooled completely, spray heart-shaped cookie cutters and cut heart shapes out of rice crispy treats. Melt almond bark in microwave. Dip front of rice crispy treat in the almond bark and sprinkle with sprinkles. Poke sucker stick in the end.

Cute, easy, quick, and yummy. Who doesn't like rice crispy treats? Even the ones made with rubber marshmallows got eaten.



1 comment: