Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cheesy Garlic Bread Swirls

I love to look at recipe blogs and I recently found one that I love at www.ourbestbites.com. I've been cooking from their recipes all week. This recipe is definitely worth making twice. These garlic cheese rolls are to die for! They are the perfect side to soup or salad.

Ingredients:

French Bread Dough:
1 tablespoon yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tsp salt
4 1/2 cups flour (approximate)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg yolk

Garlic butter
1/2 cup real butter
1 1/2 tablespoons (I eye-balled it to equal 1 1/2 tablespoons total) of the following seasonings mixed together
-Garlic powder
-parmesan cheese
-basil
-oregano
-parsley
-marjoram
-salt

Shredded mozzarella cheese (I used about 8 ounces)

Mix the dough ingredients in your bread maker or mixer. Knead and let rise until double in size. Roll out into a 20 X 6 inch rectangle. Spread with garlic butter and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Roll up like a cinnamon roll. Cut into 12 slices using dental floss. Put each slice in a greased muffin cup. (I covered mine and put them in the fridge for a few hours until I was ready to cook them.) Cover with a clean cloth and turn oven on to 350 degrees. Bake for 18 - 22 minutes. After about ten minutes the cheese might start to burn so loosely place a sheet of tinfoil over top of the rolls as they are baking to prevent over-browning. I also had to place a cookie sheet on the lowest rack because the butter was dripping onto the bottom of my oven. Take out when golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment