Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Banana Nut Bread

I make banana bread quite often, but I never seem to use the same recipe more than once. I just haven't found one that I really love. Until now! My friend Angie brought me a loaf of this banana bread a few weeks ago and it was wonderful. Really simple but really good. I asked her for the recipe. Here it is.



Grandma's Banana Nut Bread
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs
1/2 c. sour milk (add 2 Tbs. of vinegar to enough milk to make 1/2 cup)
3 mashed bananas
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
Beat sugar and butter together. Add eggs and milk. Stir in mashed bananas. In a separate bowl, mix baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour together. Add to banana mixture and stir just until combined. Stir in nuts. Pour into greased loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (I made four mini loaves out of this recipe, so it would make two regular loaves, I think. I cooked the mini loaves for around 35 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment