Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Zucchini Patties

I saw this recipe on allrecipes.com and was so excited to try it. I love zucchini. These were so yummy, and I ate waaaaay too many of them for dinner tonight. This would be a great recipe for those of you whose gardens are producing an abundance of zucchini. I had to buy mine at the store.


Zucchini Patties
2 c. grated zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. flour (or dry bread crumbs)
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
marinara sauce (for serving)
In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper, and garlic. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture into the skillet by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.
I read a few of the reviews on allrecipes.com and followed a couple of recommendations. I added a little bit of garlic powder and replaced about half of the flour with Italian-seasoned bread crumbs. I also lightly coated the outside of each pattie with bread crumbs to give them some crunch. I served with marinara sauce on the side.

2 comments:

  1. I made these the other day and Dave took the leftovers to work the next day. He said his co-workers hunted him down to see what he was eating because they smelled so good.

    Our nurse- who doesn't even like zucchini- tried them, liked them, and said they would be a great appetizer for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Next time I make them, I'm going grate the zucchini more fine and see if it changes the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Yum!! They are SO delicious! I made them according to you notes of using both flour and bread crumbs. I can only imagine how much better they will taste the next time, when I can make them with fresh Parmesan instead of the dry stuff in a bottle. (also, I had to sub Monterrey Jack for mozzarella because I was out.)

    This recipe is going to be used regularly at our house! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete