Sunday, August 9, 2009

Roasted Sugar Snap Peas

Roasting vegetables at a high heat is one of my favorite ways to prepare vegetables. This recipe is very flavorful, and could easily be altered using different herbs or seasonings.


1 lb. sugar snap peas
1-2 Tbs. olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
Wash and dry peas. Place peas in a bowl and drizzle with 1-2 Tbs olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and freshly-ground pepper. Add garlic powder and stir vegetables to coat. Spread on cookie sheet and bake at 450 for 6-8 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I've never made roasted veggies before tonight. I had some extra peas and red bell pepper so I made this recipe. It was so much better than steamed vegetables! The flavor is really strong and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! I have some red bell pepper in the fridge that I need to use up. I'll have to try that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete