Thursday, October 15, 2009

Lemon Pound Cake

A few weeks ago I signed up to take a dessert to a potluck dinner. I was planning on making a cake mix with a can of frosting since I had a crazy busy day. Then I was told that I had to bring the recipe also to put in a cookbook.
I could just imagine the recipe I would submit:
1 box lemon cake mix
1 can vanilla frosting
Cook according to directions on package.

So I spruced up the cake mix (from the alternate directions on the package) and added some glaze. It turned out pretty and tasty.

Ingredients:

1 package lemon cake mix
1 package (3.4 oz) lemon instant pudding and pie filling mix
4 large eggs
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Glaze:
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1 tablespoon milk
2 drops yellow food coloring

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 10-inch Budnt pan or tube pan. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto heat resistant serving plate. Mix glaze ingredients together with wire wisk. Drizzle over cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment